Get the WHY? RSS Feed Follow WHY? on Twitter Follow WHY? on Facebook Follow WHY? on MySpace Follow WHY? on LinkedIn Contact WHY? on Skype

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Power Of Content

In the last post, I talked about the power of words. To help make my point, I embedded a video of some inspirational words produced by Sam Parker and his team at "212: The Extra Degree". My message of carefully picking good words to tell your product's marketing story...that's a strong message on its own. But look how much more powerful it became by using media to reinforce the words.

We are in an age in which audio and video can often have a more lasting effect on consumers than do words. We are also in an age in which we have much more access to audio and video than ever before. Part of what we do at WHY? Media is produce targeted media for our clients to use on their websites to reinforce their brand. But in true D.I.Y. fashion, we recommend that you think creatively and use what's already available.

Let me demonstrate...

Let's create a new feature for this blog called "the D.I.Y. SING-A-LONG". I'm going to pick a music video from youtube.com that has a good D.I.Y. message. Let's embed the video on the right hand column of this blog. This will give visitors something relevant to listen to while checking out new posts. Now imagine that I announce that I'm going to update that feature every Wednesday. What I've done is created an appointment with my audience. Those that like the feature will return every Wednesday to see what I put up next (and hopefully they'll tell their friends). SETTING AND APPOINTMENT is a tried-and-true radio tactic and a very effective D.I.Y. Web Marketing tool that you can use on your website.

Now to the video. This weeks D.I.Y. SING-A-LONG is a perfect do it yourself anthem...

Ben Harper-"With My Own Two Hands"
(Ben Harper Website / Ben Harper CD Store)

No comments: