Get the WHY? RSS Feed Follow WHY? on Twitter Follow WHY? on Facebook Follow WHY? on MySpace Follow WHY? on LinkedIn Contact WHY? on Skype

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Try This Tool:
Twitter

Another interesting tool for the D.I.Y. Marketer is TWITTER.

Wikipedia says..."Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that allows users to send "updates" (or "tweets"; text-based posts, up to 140 characters long) to the Twitter website, via short message service (SMS), instant messaging, or a third-party application such as Twitterrific or Facebook."

In other words, it's another free way to use your mobile phone or IM service to update your blog. Most people are using Twitter to update friends of where they are at any given time. I can see an evolution in which Twitter is used to give updates of what you are thinking or seeing at any time.

I set up a Twitter account to use for WHY? Media: the Blog. I embeded the Twitter RSS feed to the top of this column. It will stick there and update any time I make a twitter report. I plan to use it to send examples of D.I.Y. sightings in my everyday life. It also has a community aspect, so I can allow site visitors to access and make reports as well. It's easy to use...it will take 2 mins to write a post...and then I'm back to my life.

See above where I reported that I need to remember to do a blog post on the D.I.Y. concept in the 1980s Punk Rock movement...

...I hope I remember to do that.

No comments: